Who designs your jewellery?
Each piece of Little Miss Delicious jewellery is designed, sculpted, baked, painted, glazed, tested and assembled by hand by me, Maxine Ashleigh (with occasional help from my trusty interns!), in my studio in Newcastle, UK!
No moulds or stencils are used for any jewellery designs, and so the production process is very long and complex, but that's the beauty of buying handmade - so much love goes into producing every piece. As all Little Miss Delicious designs are made my hand, this means each item may differ ever so slightly in size, colour and shape, but every effort is made to ensure products are as consistent as possible to those pictured. Strict quality control is exercised in every aspect of production to make sure the customer receives the best product possible.
You can read more about the creator and the process on the About page.
What chains do you use?
All necklace chains are silver plated. Earrings and bracelets are sterling silver. Whilst bracelets and earrings are sterling silver, many jewellery findings used are silver plated so we cannot guarantee that the jewellery is nickel free. If you require an item made from solely sterling silver chains and findings, please get in touch so this can be arranged as a custom order.
Do you offer gift wrapping?
All jewellery and small accessories are sent in a pretty paper bag or tissue paper, for that added personal touch! This helps make sure your experience with LMD is as positive as possible by providing pretty presentation, as well as ensuring the jewellery is safe during transit with the help of bubble wrap. If you'd like to add a gift message to your order, please do just let me know.
We also offer gift boxes as an extra item you can purchase. While not mandatory with your order, gift boxes are recommended in order to protect your jewellery during transit as well as providing somewhere for you to safely store your pretty new purchase once it arrives. They are available for an additional £1.20 each. Buy gift boxes here.
How do I look after my purchase?
- All items are handmade from polymer clay, which is a very durable medium after cured. However as with all handmade items, it is still important to treat the items with care to ensure they last.
- The glaze coating is not scratch resistant, so please avoid abrasive surfaces and take care while wearing and storing the item. When not being worn, store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. If your jewellery loses it shine, use a piece of felt as a buffing cloth and it should sparkle again like new!
- Please keep your items away from liquids such as water, deodrants etc. Your jewellery should not need to be cleaned, and so you should avoid using any harsh chemicals for this purpose.
- If you have any issues due to wear, please get in touch and we may be able to help return it to its tip top condition!
- Although the items might look tasty, they are made from polymer clay and so should not be ingested! Additionally, due to small parts they may not be suitable for young children.
- As felt accessories are handsewn, they are not suitable for use in a washing machine or dyer. If needed, they can be cleaned with a damp cloth.
- Again, due to small parts they may not be suitable for young children.
- Cushions should be used gently and never put in a washing machine or dryer. If needed, they can be cleaned with a damp cloth.
- Because of small parts, they are not toys nor are they suitable for children, and so are recommended for display only.
Can I place a custom order?
Yes! I am always happy to fulfil custom orders, whether it be a current piece in a different colour or a completely new idea. Please get in touch with as much information as possible about your idea, so I can provide an accurate price and time frame estimate.
I saw something on your website but it's gone/out of stock! Can I still order it?
Once items are removed from the website/sold out, it may not be possible to re-make them. However, due to the handmade nature of Little Miss Delicious pieces, if you get get in touch and let us know which item it is you would like to order, every effort will be made to re-create it or a suitable alternative will be suggested.
Do you offer wholesale?
Yes, we offer a wholesale option for both online and brick and mortar stores looking to stock Little Miss Delicious products. Please get in touch using the contact page with a little bit of information about your store, and I'll be happy to send you our wholesale catalogue and any other information you may require!
The Little Miss Delicious website uses PayPal checkout to process your payment, therefore the following are accepted methods of payment:
Visit our homepage